Our Mission is quite simply that High Spirits Harmony is a quality singing group that enjoys performing a broad range of genres, aiming to provide an exceptional music experience.
Our Vision states that by 2024 High Spirits Harmony will be a leading women's a cappella group on the Australian music map.
Our Values are what the group believes in and how it will behave, as follows:
Enjoyment, Fun & Positivity
- Our name reflects our nature;
- We share a passion for singing. Our time together is accompanied by laughter, camaraderie, and excitement of sharing the magic of music;
- We bring a positive attitude and energy with us, wherever we are;
- We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and included.
Respect & Support
- We express ourselves honestly and respectfully;
- We listen to and value the voices and thoughts of everyone;
- No question is a silly question;
- We treat each other with kindness and don’t criticise others' opinions;
- We trust each other and provide a supportive environment without judgement.
- We encourage everyone to make a contribution;
- We recognise the strengths in each other and utilise them;
- We give our full attention to whoever has the floor, in both singing and non singing situations.
Excellence & Continuous Improvement
- We are committed to learning about music and vocal techniques;
- We give everything a go even if it is scary, this is how we grow;
- We ask for help when we need it, whether it be with music, movement or related group activities;
- We help each other to improve;
- We are committed to devoting the time and effort required outside of rehearsal to develop our own vocal skills.